That’s my opinion! #1

by - 10:15 AM

Hello friends!

In today’s post I will talk about designer bags I find highly unnecessary to buy. This is of course just my opinion and if you love any one of these bags that’s totally okay. We all like different things and styles.

My opinions about clothes and accessories often come from  thoughts about how long the trend will last. Especially if it’s designer stuff, because you don’t want to spend 2000€ on something that will go out of style 10 months from now (at least not when you’re a regular hoe with a low income). 
So with that in mind, let’s go through the bags I find unnecessary. 



1. The GUCCI belt bag
There is no bag and trend that I found uglier than this one. Throughout summer, the GUCCI belt bag was everywhere on instagram, thrown over a shoulder or worn as a fanny pack. Since the start of the trend I found it extremely ugly and trashy looking. 
And I really don’t think this is a trend that will stay for long. The whole 90s trend has been around for awhile now, but it has started to fade out and more 70s styles has become trendy. I believe that soon the 90s inspired clothes and accessories will be old news (haha get it?). 

If you’re looking for a smaller bag that is easy to wear I would recommend buying a crossbody bag like the GUCCI soho disco bag. It’s not in the street wear style, but it’s a nice and easy to wear kind of bag. And the design of this bag, I think, will be trendy for a longer time. 


2. Supreme x LouisVuitton
So the Supreme x Louis Vuitton bags are in my opinion ugly and overrated. I don’t like the look of the Supreme logo and I find that the bright red color is not something that works for everyone. Some people love this bag, and I totally understand that. It’s nice quality and the color is different from the classic LV’s brown and beige color scheme. 
However I don’t think this will stay trendy for very long. The classic LV duffel bag in the logo print and damier print has become such a staple piece and it’s been popular for a very long time. If you are going to spend money on an LV item I would recommend doing it on something that will work throughout your life. 



3. Simple Chloé bags
I fucking love Chloé handbags. A lot of them have the most interesting and beautiful designs that I’ve ever seen. 
Therefore I really can’t understand people who buy the very simple designed bags from this designer. If you’re going to buy a bag from Chloé, why not invest in a bag that looks more interesting than this? 
I understand that sometimes you’re just looking for an easy to wear basic staple item, but Chloé has so many cooler bags than this. 
If you’re going to buy a basic bag, maybe you should look at more basic designers? (This is very much my own opinion sorry bout it)





4. Over the top GUCCI bags
Some of these bags are absolutely beautiful and artsy. But for everyday use and future wearability, these bags are a big NO. 
A safer choice is the Dionysus bag with the classic Gucci print. They are very trendy right now and I think they will work better in the future than the over the top bags.




5. Clear Celiné bag
The whole “clear bag” trend is a no for me. I don’t like the idea of people seeing my stuff in my bag, since I allways carry condoms, tampons and like 13 different pink lipglosses. Also, If you’re like me and most of your bags contains of old receipts and lipstick stains, maybe a clear bag isn’t the best choice.
I also will diss this bag since it’s a fucking overpriced plastic bag. I mean come on. If you’re going to buy a bag, buy a real bag in good fabric. Not a clear plastic bag... 


So that’s all for now. I hope you had fun reading this and please leave your opinions in the comments down below. 

See you later! 



You May Also Like

0 comments